Our Early Years Pediatric First Aid training course is aimed at all Early Years practitioners who are looking to obtain a current pediatric first aid qualification
Our popular Early Years Pediatric First Aid training course will ensure your setting stays compliant with the Early Years Foundation Stage requirement that at least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises at all times when children are present, and must accompany children on outings.
Following the Department for Education’s decision to remove the requirement that first aid training to be approved by local authorities, we have chosen to become Qualsafe Accredited to ensure we meet the specific requirements that the training must cover based on existing good practice guidance. From September 2014 our courses are validated as QCF Level 3.
Our Early Years Pediatric First Aid course meets the following criteria:
- Training is designed for practitioners caring for children in the absence of their parents.
- The training leads to a certificate or a renewal certificate and is a minimum of 14 hours with home study.
- The first aid certificate is renewable every three years.
- Resuscitation and other equipment includes baby and junior models.
- Training covers appropriate contents of a first aid box.
- Our training includes recording accidents and incidents.
- Training is appropriate to the age of the children being cared for and we cover 0-12 years as a minimum
Course length: 12 – 14 hours with flexible delivery over a maximum of 6 weeks
Next available Early Years First Aid courses:
Not available on the dates we have? Complete our Expression of interest form and we will contact you when more dates become available.
Course locations: we are based in Studley, Warwickshire, close to the M42. We regularly deliver this course across Warwickshire and Worcestershire as well as work with settings from as far afield as Birmingham, Coventry and Milton Keynes.
For more information see our Training FAQs section.
This Early Years Pediatric First Aid training course meets the Statutory Requirements for the EYFS. But did you know that other first aid courses can be customised to your settings requirements?
To book this Early Years Pediatric First Aid training course please call us on 01527 452430 or click here.