A practical and interactive course designed to show practitioners how to use existing equipment, resources and activities to support and promote the development of speech and language in children with SEND. The session will cover the links between delayed speech and language and SEND, how and why they co-exist. It will also look closely at promoting speech and language development within all parts of the routine from free-flow to snack time and beyond.
This course is aimed at all practitioners wanting to develop their knowledge of speech and language difficulties in young children and develop practical methods of supporting development within their setting.
This supporting children with speech and language difficulties course supports you in:
- Understanding the term ‘speech and language difficulties’ and how these impact on children’s early development
- Developing a range of practical skills for supporting children with speech and language difficulties within the daily routine
- Knowing how to add structure and routine to a child’s day to support all aspects of their development
- Being able to use equipment and resources from within the setting to support speech and language development
- Being confident in leading language enriched group activities including a ‘super snack’ and ‘creative’ session to develop speech and language and social skills
£30.00 per person
Duration of Course: 2 hours
Next available courses:Call us to book this course or find out more information on 01527 452430.
Course locations. Our training centre is based in Studley, Warwickshire, close to Redditch and the M42 with access across the West Midlands. We can deliver this course at our satellite centres in Worcester, Kidderminster & Sutton Coldfield. We are also delivering directly with settings in Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Rugby, Evesham, Redditch and across the West Midlands. And with others from as far afield as Oxford, Northampton, Luton, Nottingham and Milton Keynes.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For more information see our Training FAQs section.
Did you know that this course can be customised to your settings requirements. Visit our bespoke courses page for more information.
To book this course please call us on 01527 452430 or click here