This ELKLAN Speech and Language Support for 3-5s is the only accredited training in speech, language and communication that is aimed specifically at those working with 3-5s. This is an accredited course (Level 2 or Level 3 by Ascentis on completion of an online portfolio). There is more information on www.elklan.co.uk.
The course provides information and strategies to develop the communication skills of all young children but especially those with speech, language and communication needs.
- What is communication?
- Communication-friendly settings, adult-child interaction and working with families.
- Play and social communication.
- Listening, looking and understanding spoken language
- Promoting the development of vocabulary
- The blank language scheme (or language for thinking)
- Modifying adults’ speech to help a child understand language
- Encouraging expressive language and narrative skills
- Supporting children with unclear speech and developing phonological awareness skills
- Management of stammering and other issues raised during the course
Course Cost: £325 per candidate fully inclusive of workbook and accreditation