Baby Awareness Collection
Studley, nr Redditch, Date: Tue, 10th May 6:30 pm-8:30 pm – Space(s) available 9
This double course is designed for practitioners that are moving into the baby room, meeting Ofsted’s criteria for this and giving new practitioners activities, ideas and a better understanding of the EYFS requirements for baby development.
It is designed to cover the basics of caring for babies with particular attention on the aspects that are different from older children. The EYFS makes a requirement that staff are suitably experienced in the baby room, this course will kick start the process and give any practitioner the confidence they need. It is also designed to support the maximum effectiveness of activities for all the babies in the room, as well as help practitioners write meaningful next steps to aid development.
The content that is covered will be:
- Developing a positive relationship with parents and dealing with attachment issues.
- Specific Safeguarding and Paediatric First Aid considerations for babies.
- Using care routines, including hygiene, bottle feeding and physical care as a learning tool for babies.
- The EYFS, Ofsted and baby development – getting all of it right.
- Activities that support the physical and sensory development of babies, including heuristic play.
- Getting the room right for babies, including wall displays and activity arrangements.
- Using outdoor space effectively with babies.
This is a 2 part course with a fee of £20 for all parts. The dates and times of the sessions are:
Tuesday 10th May 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Tuesday 17th May 6:30 – 8:30 PM
All sessions should be attended. Please contact us if you will have any issues with attendance.
Bookings are closed for this event.