Studley, nr Redditch, Date: Wed, 8th Feb 9:00 am-1:00 pm – Space(s) available 10
Please Note: This is a 2 part course with a fee of £130 for all parts. The dates and time of the sessions are:
- Wednesday 8th February 9am – 1pm
- Wednesday 15th February 9am – 1pm
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for any setting is an important role for providing a safe and supportive setting for the children, staff and parents. The importance of this role is underlined by both the EYFS and the Ofsted inspection framework. With agreement from multiple local authorities safeguardig boards we are confident that this course can prepare any member of your team to take on the key role of DSL in the setting, and we offer it at a cost that means that more staff can be trained, making managing your safeguarding in your setting that much easier.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead course is split into 4 short modules that can be split in a variety of ways, please see further down the page for the current courses on our calendar and please be aware that all sessions will need to be attended. The content of the 4 modules are as follows:
Module 1 – Legislation, Referrals and Processes
- The aim of this module is to look at the statutory guidance and examine current serious case reviews to better assess the different risk factors in our settings
Module 2 – From Theory into Practice
- The aim of this module is to look at the four types of abuse (physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect) in more depth and at how this might appear in our day to day practice
- We also look at the longer term effects on children who have been subject to abuse
Module 3 – A Toxic Mix?
- We examine a combination of factors pertinent to children’s safeguarding
- We look at the impact of communication in safeguarding situations
Module 4 – The Role of the DSL
- This module examines the specific requirements of the role, covering everything from your environment to safer recruitment
This course is ideal for any managers, deputy managers and room leaders that need a greater understanding of the role of the Desginated Safeguarding Lead or are to be the main or deputised DSL for the setting. Attendees need to have covered the basics of Child Protection, this can be easily demonstrated if you have previously attended our courses on Child Protection and Safeguarding. If you have attended courses run by other providers then we will need to see proof of attendance of any relevant courses (e.g. your certificates and content elements) prior to start of the course, if this is not provided then we reserve the right to ask you to leave the course.
Course Cost: £130 per person
Course Length: 8 hours
Want to organise this yourself?
This DSL Training course can be customised to your settings requirements. Visit our bespoke courses page for more information. Alternatively we can deliver to a group of settings if you handle all the venue and booking arrangements as a single booking for us. Prices for delivering on this basis start from £1600 for all of the 4 modules over 2 sessions with a maximum of 20 delegates (making it just £80 per delegate).
Bookings are closed for this event.