NDNA Maths in Early Years
Date: Sat, 28th Feb 9:30 am-4:30 pm
NDNA is holding a full day Maths in Early Years training course at Millennium House giving practitioners the opportunity to explore maths in early years and gain confidence in supporting mathematics in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The Maths in Early Years course will give practitioners the confidence to encourage mathematical development in children by engaging them in fun and practical activities. This course is suitable for all practitioners and will support settings and practitioners seeking to develop and improve the maths outcomes for the children in their care
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Develop practical ideas to develop maths learning and development in their setting
- Support children in reaching their expected stages of development in number and shape, space and measure
- Understand how brain development and child development relates to maths
- Understand the key areas of maths and how this relates to learning and development of children in the early years
- Understand how schematic behaviour in children can be supported and integrated into mathematical learning and development
- Observe, plan and assess children’s mathematical development with confidence.
- £55 per person for members
- £70 per person for non-members
Price includes a delegate pack with copies of the slides and handouts, refreshments and a certificate of attendance. Please note lunch is not included.
How to book
- Call 01484 40 70 70 ext 418.
- Book online