Up-to-date introduction to working with babies
Date: Wed, 8th Mar 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
This short course is designed for practitioners that are about to move into, or start in, the baby room for the first time. It is designed to cover the basics of caring for babies with particular attention on the aspects that are different from older children. The EYFS makes a requirement that staff are suitably experienced in the baby room, this course will kick start the process and give any practitioner the confidence they need.
When taken together with the Enabling Baby Environments on 15th March course this meets all the requirements of OFSTED.
NB Both courses need to be booked separately.
The content that will be covered:
- Developing a positive relationship with parents and dealing with attachment issues.
- Specific Safeguarding considerations for babies.
- Specific Paediatric First Aid considerations for babies.
- Detailed information about care routines, including hygiene, bottle feeding and physical care as well as using these routines are a learning tool for babies.
- Using outdoor space effectively with babies.
Duration: 2 hrs
Location: Millennium House, Studley
Did you know that this Baby Room Training can be customised to your settings requirements? Visit our bespoke courses page for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.