This course will introduce practitioners to the importance of using positive behaviour management techniques with young children and the role that it plays in the future development of the child.
Date: Tue, 4th Apr 6:30 pm-8:30 pm – Space(s) available 12
We aim to increase awareness of the causes for behavioural concerns through looking some of the psychology behind poor behaviour as well as considering the background and feelings of the child. Through the adult led use of the positive behaviour management strategies we discuss, we firmly believe that most behavioural issues can be avoided.
We will cover a behaviour management strategy we call N.I.C.E.R. that gives practitioners a simple and effective route to deal with everyday poor behaviour as well as look at more extreme circumstances. We also discuss involving parents in the process and the iumportance of making them aware of your strategies.
This course is suitable for all practitioners working with young children. Due to the benefit of having a unified approach across a setting this course is best delivered or diseminated to all staff at your setting. It will best support practitioners as they consider strategies to promote positive behaviour throughout their setting.
This Behaviour Management course will enable Practitioners to:
- Understand the importance of promoting positive behaviour.
- Explore circumstances that may impact on behaviour.
- Gain an overview of strategies that will assist with the recognition and support of behaviour problems experienced in the early years setting
- Understand the importance of acknowledging the child’s feelings.
- Gain knowledge of working in partnership with parents when dealing with behavioural concerns.
Bookings are closed for this event.