This course is designed to support practitioners in understanding the development patterns of children with SEND. Practitioners will learn how to track the development of children with SEND, finding the gaps and how to fill them by scaffolding learning. The course also supports practitioners in having conversations with parents and carers about children’s development and helps them to understand how to have ‘difficult conversations’ and how these can impact on parents/ carers. Ultimately practitioners will leave the session feeling confident in identifying and supporting children with SEND and working together with their parents and carers.
The session is aimed at practitioners, managers and SENCO’s.
This course supports you in:
- Knowing how children with SEND develop and how to map this on a developmental profile
- Being able to identify gaps in development and put strategies in place to scaffold learning
- Knowing about the Early Support Developmental Journal and how it can be used to track the development of children with SEND
- Being confident when sharing concerns about development with parents and carers
- Understanding how parents / carers may react to ‘difficult conversations’
- Having an understanding of the feelings and reactions of families to ‘difficult news’
- Knowing how to support parents and carers to move forward together
Course cost: £30.00 per person
Course length: 2 hours
Next available courses:Call us to book this course or find out more information on 01527 452430.
Course locations: our training centre is based in Studley, Warwickshire, close to Redditch and the M42 with easy access across the West Midlands. We can deliver this course at our satellite centres in Worcester, Kidderminster & Sutton Coldfield. We are also delivering directly with settings in Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Rugby, Evesham, Redditch and across the West Midlands. And with others from as far afield as Oxford, Northampton, Luton, Nottingham and Milton Keynes.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For more information see our Training FAQs section.
Did you know that this course can be customised to your settings requirements. Visit our bespoke courses page for more information.
To book this Developing a SEND friendly environment training course please call us on 01527 452430 or click here