This practical and interactive course is designed to give practitioners ways to support the development and inclusion of children with social and communication difficulties. It will show staff how to use structure and routine, visual support and alternative communication to support the development of children with a range of conditions and needs. Practitioners will learn how to use strategies such as Objects of Reference, Visual Support, workstations, sensory play and adult supported activities to develop social skills, positive behaviour, language and communication and independence.
All practitioners wanting to develop their understanding of how to support children with social and communication difficulties including Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, Global Developmental Delay, Social and emotional difficulties.
This course supports you in:
- Being aware of the difficulties and strengths of children with social and communication needs
- Understanding why some children, struggle to access settings successfully
- Knowing how to add structure and routine to support children with social and communication needs to be independent learners
- Understanding how to use visual support such as ‘Objects of reference’ to give children a voice
- Being able to use a variety of strategies including adult led group activities, language enriched ‘super snacks’, sensory play and time out to support the development of children with social and communication needs
£30.00 per person
Course length: 2 hours
Next available courses:Call us to book this course or find out more information on 01527 452430.
Course locations: our training centre is based in Studley, Warwickshire, close to Redditch and the M42 with easy access across the West Midlands. We can deliver this course at our satellite centres in Worcester, Kidderminster & Sutton Coldfield. We are also delivering directly with settings in Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Rugby, Evesham, Redditch and across the West Midlands. And with others from as far afield as Oxford, Northampton, Luton, Nottingham and Milton Keynes.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For more information see our Training FAQs section.
Did you know that this course can be customised to your settings requirements. Visit our bespoke courses page for more information.
To book this Developing a SEND friendly environment training course please call us on 01527 452430 or click here