A fascinating course designed to teach participants about the key role the senses play in all aspects of children’s development. Participants will learn about how the sensory system works and how the individual senses impact on children’s ability to function in settings. They will understand the link between sensory needs and challenging behaviour and be able to identify ‘sensory overload’ in children. Participants will gain a ‘toolbox’ of practical ways of support children’s sensory needs including ‘sensory sessions’ ‘a sensory diet’. Participants will leave with a Sensory Audit tool to take back and audit their environment.
All practitioners wanting to develop their understanding of ‘sensory needs’ in children with SEND and how these impact on both their development and their ability to function within their setting.
This Developing a SEND friendly environment course supports you:
- Understand how the sensory system works and how it impacts on children’s development.
- Know how the sensory environment affects children with SEND including those with conditions such as autism spectrum, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Hearing and Visual Impairment, Downs Syndrome.
- Understand the connection between the sensory environment and sensory overload and challenging behaviour.
- To be able to use a ‘sensory diet’ and ‘sensory play’ to promote development.
- To know how to use everyday equipment and resources to support children with sensory needs.
This course can be delivered either at a venue with social distancing restrictions in place, or alternatively, remotely via Zoom, to meet the needs of the setting.
£30.00 per person
Course length: 2 hours
Next available courses:Call us to book this course or find out more information on 01527 452430.
Course locations: our training centre is based in Studley, Warwickshire, close to Redditch and the M42 with easy access across the West Midlands. We can deliver this course at our satellite centres in Worcester, Kidderminster & Sutton Coldfield. We are also delivering directly with settings in Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Rugby, Evesham, Redditch and across the West Midlands. And with others from as far afield as Oxford, Northampton, Luton, Nottingham and Milton Keynes.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For more information see our Training FAQs section.
Did you know that this course can be customised to your settings requirements. Visit our bespoke courses page for more information.
To book this Developing a SEND friendly environment training course please call us on 01527 452430 or click here