This course is designed to give practitioners an overview of Downs Syndrome. Practitioners will learn about the strengths and areas of need in the learning profile of children with Downs Syndrome and how these can be harnessed to support development. Practitioners will learn strategies for teaching children with Downs Syndrome early skills and how to promote their social and emotional development.
This course is All practitioners wanting to develop their understanding of the strengths and areas of need in the learning profile of children with Downs Syndrome and how to support these effectively.
This Understanding the learning profile of children with Downs Syndrome course supports you in:
- Knowing what Downs Syndrome is and how it impacts on children with the condition.
- Understanding the strengths and areas of need in the learning profile of children with Downs Syndrome.
- To be aware of how the learning profile affects early reading, writing and maths development.
- Feeling confident in supporting the social and emotional development of children with Downs Syndrome.
- Knowing the importance of early speech development for children with Downs Syndrome and practical strategies to support this.
- Being able to work confidently with parents and carers of children with Downs Syndrome.
This course can be delivered either at a venue with social distancing restrictions in place, or alternatively, remotely via Zoom, to meet the needs of the setting.
£30.00 per person
Course length: 2 hours
Next available courses:Call us to book this course or find out more information on 01527 452430.
Course locations: our training centre is based in Studley, Warwickshire, close to Redditch and the M42 with easy access across the West Midlands. We can deliver this course at our satellite centres in Worcester, Kidderminster & Sutton Coldfield. We are also delivering directly with settings in Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Rugby, Evesham, Redditch and across the West Midlands. And with others from as far afield as Oxford, Northampton, Luton, Nottingham and Milton Keynes.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For more information see our Training FAQs section.
Did you know that this course can be customised to your settings requirements. Visit our bespoke courses page for more information.
To book this Developing a SEND friendly environment training course please call us on 01527 452430 or click here